I have been trying to find an egg replacement for my baking but
still have not found a winner until I read an article about this magical
'aquafaba'. It is basically the water from canned chickpeas, which we
normally throw away!
This time I have used the aquafaba for my boy's allergy friendly pancake.
Let me know how you like this magical water =)
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 18 tbsp aquafaba (chickpea water) or 6 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1-2 tbsp sugar (optional)
- In the mixing bowl, whisk aquafaba and sugar until soft peaks form.
(similar to whisking egg white) This should take 1-2 minutes.
- Sift the flour+bi-carb soda and combine in the aquafaba
- Add banana and mix well
- Preheat the pan and cook the pancakes in batches.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup or your favourite toppings